Monday, August 27, 2007

Alone with the wife

So, I have a week alone with my wife.  The kids are spending a week up at my parents.  I hope they use this opportunity to commune with nature, but I am sure they will still get in plenty of time eating and watching tv since we don't really watch it at home.  I hope they have fun.

They are gone, now what to do with the wife...   Well, let's see.  A man in love with his beautiful wife, home alone for a week.  I could bring her flowers each day and make it romantic.  I could draw up a hot bath and play her favorite music and let her have a relaxing week.  I could take her out on a date a day.  I could let her do whatever she wants to do and go biking....  Wait, the shock is still not in.  Darn, that idea is out.  I could play video games ALLLLLLLL week.

I actually have an idea of what I want to do.  It is really out of the normal for me.  I want to work on the house.  I want to redo the bathrooms and the hallway.  I need to put in two new sinks.  I need to put in some cupboards and a new counter top.  I could actually put one in in our kitchen this week, too!  Yeah, that sounds like  a great idea.  I could get all this done, and put in a patio this week.  That would be great.  We need a patio, too.  We need the bathrooms done.  We need some plumbing work as well.  Yeah, I could do that.  That's it!  I know what I am going to do.  I am going to work on the house all week.  That should also show my wife how much I love and appreciate her.  Okay, the matter is settled.  I am going to work on the house.

But wait...  I have to work all week.  I have youth ministry on Monday night.  We are also having an outreach to our community in the form of a Back to School Bash tonight, so I can't miss that.  I think there is a missions board meeting Tuesday, so I can't work then.  Wednesday is dedicated to ministry school.  Hmm, no work on Wednesday.  I can work on Thursday.  I will get it all done then, because then the house will look great for the youth ministry meeting at my house on Friday. 

I wonder how much of this I can get done in one night?

3 comments:

andijeane said...

No missions board meeting this week, so you have 2 nights. :-)


You're making me tired!


Love ya,

Andrea :-)

onfire said...

you are joking about what your week will look like ... I will tell you that it was FUNNY to read.


I can only imagine a week alone, even if Neal did work all week during the day.

We have yet to take our honeymoon ... I wonder if I could start saving for the boys for next year's camp now?

Sawickis said...

Since you have sooo much free time this week, I just tagged you. You can check it out on my blog.


*Kristie*