Friday, March 21, 2008

Just when you thought they were gone

The top of the fridge has been bare for several months now. I was under the impression that they had packed up and moved. Who you might ask has backed up and moved? Well, my dear friends, the chicken mummies.

Over this winter I built a mountain bike and did some smaller tasks around the house. I noticed on each occasion that my tool have been missing. I also noticed that for several months my garage, which I like to be kept NEAT, has been pretty messy. I thought it was Jordan. He likes to tinker.

Some other things I have noticed around the house are as follows:

  • My kids scooters and roller blades have been all over the garage

  • My computer died

  • Mysterious bumping on the garage door

  • My dogs have woken up in the middle of the night on several occasions

  • I have had a hard time finding my grill thermometer

  • The middle of the night the temperature drops to like 50 degrees

  • No matter what time it is in the morning I do not have hot water when I take a shower


Today I went to the basement to go ride my trainer. I ended up not riding it because I noticed the door to the garage was opened. I inspected the garage to find four boxes opened and four shivering, bandage wrapped chickens huddled together inside. As I went to talk to them, they all turned their backs to me. After a few seconds I noticed a piece of paper slid in my direction. I picked it up and read it. It said:

"We have frozen out here all winter. We are unhappy with our current accommodations and would like to return to our rightful place on the top of the fridge. Please take this matter up for us as soon as possible.

The Chicken Mummies"

2 comments:

Sawickis said...

Just wanted to say Thank you for the birthday wishes and the gift. Also Happy Birthday to you too. Glad you finally got your computer back.


*Kristie*

anotherblogonthefire said...

Maybe the mummies have Emma.

They might hold her hostage until you let them back in the house...