Monday, October 5, 2009

On this Day in History

18 years ago, on this day in history, one of the most wonderful things happened to me. I was standing there in a white suit watching the most beautiful woman in the world walk toward me and commit to share the rest of her life with me. I remember the feeling of awe and amazement I had as my pastor and I both remarked on how beautiful she looked. She could have had any guy in the room, or the world for that matter, but she chose to spend her life with me.

She decided to spend her life with me. We have had some big extremes in our marriage. Both of us have seen each other near death. I am not exaggerating that either. I have seen her on life support and she has seen me with a broken neck. Fortunately we both fought through that to spend more time together.

She decided to care for me. She has supported me through thick and thin. She has covered my weaknesses and faults. She has been patient when I had no clue. She has been firm when I was out of line. She has encouraged me to reach my potential.

She decided to love me. She puts up with my love for things that pedal. She leans on me during church. She makes hot tea on cold nights. She holds my hand. She talks to me about everything. She has been my best friend and has let me be hers.

She wanted to raise a family with me. We have four of the best children that a family could ever have. Each unique. Each stamped with a little of mom and dad. She cares for them and teaches them to be all that God created them to be. I look at them and love them each individually for who they are. I also look at them and thank Father for the woman who willingly shared her life with me and desired to raise them.

She is awesome and special in so many ways. She could have been anything she ever wanted to be. She is beautiful enough to catch the eye of anyone, but chose me. She is smart enough that she could have done anything, but chose to give her life to me. She is pure enough that any man would know she is "a keeper", but she chose to "keep" me.

Today I celebrate my wife. I thank God for her. She is truly a gift of His great love. She has modeled His love to me in so many ways. Her love has been greater than anything I could ever imagine.

Thank you for sharing your life with me! I love you with all my heart!

1 comment:

Neal said...

Congratulations Rob & Andrea!
I hope it is a great day!