Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Rotten Off Season

So, winter has come and gone... Oh wait. I live in Michigan. Winter has come and gone, and come back again for the third time... You get the point. I had high hopes of getting a lot of time on the trainer and putting myself back into some form of better health than I was able to last fall. As you may remember, last fall I had to have shoulder surgery and it took a lot of time to get back to the point where I could even ride. In fact, last fall I was out of commission and in physical therapy from December to May!

This winter was no exception. Usually when the weather turns and the furnaces go on the world gets a nice surprise. I lose my voice. It never fails. I lose my voice for most of every winter. This time was no different. Furnaces go on, voice goes out.

Unfortunately, I noticed that this time the cough was a little worse than normal. I also noticed I was losing energy and getting a fever.. Trip to the doctor. Verdict, pneumonia.

What sucked is that this pneumonia hung around me like a piece of toilet paper from a mall restroom. What? That never happened to you? Anyway, this literally lasted from November to February. Any chance of losing that hundred fifty pounds this winter was lost...

Well, I am still optimistic despite all my venting. The spring has to make its way to the Motor City soon, and I will be on my bike morning, noon, and night. I am not going to miss any opportunity to ride this year.

No comments: