Sunday, November 12, 2006

Soap Poisoning is Eminent

Well, I hesitate to write this because it really drives home that something is wrong with me. I am victim of another soap story! This one was by my own hand. Sad but true, I must really have a problem.

Each Wednesday morning I wake up early to help at a local high school Christian Club. I provide support as a youth pastor. This venture has me waking up at around 5:00 am each Wednesday.

Recently, we got a new dog. Her name is Faith. She is a boxer mix puppy. She is pretty cute, but also very young. This means potty training. Is it called potty training when it is a dog?

Well, it was about 6:00. I just made the coffee and was about to get my to go cup ready for the morning. I was just about to wash my cup when I heard a little whimpering from the boys room. I sat the cup down next to the sink and ran to take care of the puppy.

Okay, puppy taken care of. No messes. Where were we? Oh that's right the coffee. I put my sugar and cream in and filled the cup with a delicious Starbuck's roasted bean. Out the door I run, coffee in hand, and off to the youth group.

I get to the group all right and didn't have a sip. Fortunately the cup I used keeps the coffee quite warm. It is around 7:30 now and I am off to the other side of the city for a meeting with my boss. It is now time to enjoy my coffee. I take a sip and realize that I never actually cleaned the cup.  All I did was fill the cup with soap. It all comes back to me that I had to run to take care of the puppy and that I set the cup down next to the sink without washing it. Man, all I need is another bagel and this coffee would be perfect!!!


7 comments:

BunnyBear said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. Congrats on being blogger of the week. Your extreme biking photos are pretty impressive.

jugglingpaynes said...

Maybe you should switch to natural cleaning methods, for the sake of your health.

Congrats on being the blogger of the week!


Cristina

Kalene said...

Very funny!!!!

=)

Kalene

Kalene said...

Oh ya congrats on being blogger of the week!!

=)

Kalene

onfire said...

thanks for letting us live vicariously ...


team campbell

anotherblogonthefire said...

I came across your blog doing the "Random Blog" thing and bookmarked you a while back. It was good to see a dad doing this and you inspired me to start one up. But I hope I don't have to poison myself to keep coming up with new entries.

Thanks for the laugh!

We're practically neighbours over here in S.W. Ontario. My wife commented above also (onfire) and I think my sons have both stumbled across your sons blogs.

anotherblogonthefire said...

And for the reassurance about potential poisoning!