Friday, June 8, 2007

Why Being Overweight is Expensive

I have been overweight for the last few years.  I am not going to get into how or why it happened, but I am now faced with some more serious garbage because of it, and must deal with it.  I don't want to get into that either.  Man, this post is getting depressing and it was intended to be funny......

Anywho, being overweight, I have noticed a lot of things that are costly. 

1. They don't have my sizes at Steve and Barry's.  Come on, they don't even have a Steve and Barry's Plus!  What's up with that?  The closest I can come is Casual Male XL.  Like what's wrong with this picture, I gotta pay 34 bucks for a pair of cargo pants there when I have to pay 9 at Steve and Barry's?  Give me a stinkin break, I am not causing a shortage of fabric in the world!

2. Belts.  Another thing you have to go to a tall and fat store for.  Another thing you pay through the nose for, too!  What, does it take two cows to make my belts?  Are they lined with steel reinforcement?

3. Vehicles.  Yeah, that's right.  I can't fit in one of those econo gas things.  NOOOOO, give the fat guy a gas guzzler.  Why are cars engineered to be more economic also engineered for people under 5' tall and 2' wide?

4. Mountain bikes.  My passion.  I was sitting outside yesterday putting on new tires and I started thinking.  I have never worn out a set of tire treads, but I wear out the sidewalls.  Get a fat guy going forty around a corner and the tires want to peel off the rims sideways. So, lets see, that has been about 200 in rubber in the last three years.  Ridiculous!  But, I can run downhill tires at 50 bucks a piece and also add 10 pounds to my bike, thus making me slower and more tired and unable to ride and lose my desire to exercise....

4a. Not to mention as I am changing tires I notice I blew out another spoke.  That makes ten spokes since I got this bike.  Ok, go back to 4.  Buy new DH rims that ill hold my fat carcass and then add another 5 pounds to the bike thus......

5. Discounts at the butcher.  But, "Rob, you are saving money", you say.  WRONG.  The butcher sees a fat guy coming in for a piece of meat to grill and he discounts it, knowing the fat guy will buy half a cow if the price is better, thus making him even fatter!

Well, I have to stop my rant.  I need to get ready for work.

Next post I will tell you what is on top of my fridge...

No comments: