Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Once Said

I once said, "no matter where I go I will capture the moment!" I was wrong. I have missed a lot of moments lately. Some of them have just been silly things, but one was really dumb for me to have missed.

As some of you know, we visited the restaurant of the Canadian Prime Minister, Tim Horton, and met the Campbell family. Like a dork, I did not bring a camera. It was pretty stupid of me not to bring one. Here we were, eating donuts and drinking coffee with foreigners and I didn't get a single picture. What a dope.

Well, there was a reason I didn't bring a camera, albeit a DUMB one. I wanted to enjoy the time with our new friends. It is so rare that I get an opportunity like that, that I wanted to really have a good time. And a good time is exactly what we had. I won't go into all the details, but it was nice to make friends that day. We had one of those times where you almost have to remind yourself you just met. We shared a lot of the same heart in Christ, and the same pioneering spirit.

As was mentioned in other blogs, our kids hit it off as well. Ours are still talking about meeting the foreigners. It sounds like the boys were of similar minds as well judging by the sugar coated comments in the Prime Ministers suggestion box....

This was actually day two of relaxing and enjoying the company of friends. We also got to spend time with our oldest friends and two of our pastors, Ken and Cheryl. We did that on Friday night. Although Ken and Cheryl are always around, and we see a lot of each other, we haven't just sat down and talked in so long that it made our conversation so special. We talked about everything and just had a great time.

Oh, wait, there is more. We also got to see one of our dearest friends, Terisa, on Sunday. Joe and Terisa run the mission board we are on. They are the couple we went to Niagara Falls with last fall. Ths Sunday at their granddaughter's fourth birthday party was the first time we have seen her in a while. She had some complications form a procedure and was pretty touch and go for a week or so.

I did bring the camera for that, as I end up being the photographer for all of Noel's birthday parties. She is only four and has her own personal paparazzi.

Well, that is about it. I still don't have my computer back, so I am limited on what I can spend time doing. If they have to replace my computer, I may suggest a MacBook....

1 comment:

anotherblogonthefire said...

I'm glad you could enjoy the coffee break with us without all of those cameras giving you a sore neck!

Looking forward to the next time...

Neal