Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another One for Mark Freer

When I was young I was subjected to a lot of Joe Cocker music. At one time in my life I was pretty sure Joe sang every song in the world. Never in my life did I actually understand what he said, but I liked his voice enough to learn to do a pretty good impersonation of him.

Joe made many appearances in my family when I was young. He sang birthday wishes. He sang the children to sleep. He was a big part of our family. There was a long stretch of time when I would do something Joe related at every family gathering. It was kind of like a tribute to my mother, who was very into his lyrical ability. He has been pretty quiet in the family for about the last year... until today, when my dad and I were chatting on google. Dad shared a link with me and that is the reason for this post...

As you know, my friend, Pastor Mark Freer is interested in music. I wanted to share one with all of you, but also one I thought Mark would get a laugh out of. This video clip is an interpretation of what Joe Cocker actually sang at Woodstock. Watch it and enjoy.

Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very moving! I laughed, I cried...