Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rough Couple of Months

So, I haven't blogged much of anything. It has been a really rough couple of months. After my shoulder surgery I spent 4 hours a day in a chair that moved my arm. From there I went to therapy. As you can tell, my time was pretty full with recovery.

In mid-January I went back to work. After two months off, I was way behind. My company sends more email in a day than most of the internet does in a year, so I have been working after hours and every spare minute I can to attempt to catch up. While this was going on, so was therapy, ministry, family, and home exercises.

Well, that took it's toll on me. on February 11, I fell off my stairs. I didn't fall down them, so you didn't read a typo. I literally fell off them. I was walking up the stairs and, BOOM!!! On my head into my laundry room I landed. Needless to say that hurt pretty bad.

As if that wasn't enough, I decided that I wanted to get sick on that day, too. I spent that weekend under about 1,000 pounds of blankets with a fever. I think I slept through the entire weekend.

That started the cycle of pneumonia. Though I tried to go back to work, I ended up sick the next weekend as well. I was coughing so hard that I hurt my ribs, stomach, hips, and back.

So, for the last nine days I have officially been battling pneumonia. Though I don't have the sickness side of things thanks to the anti-biotics, I have still been working toward healing. Everything is a chore right now and I just do what I can do. I am trying to take everything easy.

1 comment:

Neal said...

I'm praying for you Rob.
Get well!