Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Not Today

The other day I was sitting at the dinner table with my family. We were talking about six different topics at once as larger families usually do, when one of the kids said something about "not today."

For some reason, "not today" caught the attention of everyone, and from there on out everything was noted with a "not today" remark. '"Dad, can I play computer?", "Not Today." "Do I have to mow the lawn?", "Not today." It was a very funny thing for our family to share together, and I don't expect everyone, or anyone for that matter to understand something you had to be there for.

As a husband and a father I enjoy moments like these. Those moments when we all get to laugh together and take a break from our roles as parent, kid, brother, sister, etc. all help make up the best in a family. We look across the table, forget who spilled milk on who, or who didn't do their chores, who was too strict in their discipline, we forget everything really and just enjoy eachother for who God made us. It is those "not today" moments that I teasure. It is those "not today" moments that I hope our family stores up in their memory.

Well, I hope you all share moments like these.

1 comment:

Kalene said...

Mr. Rob I have a soccer game tomorrow.

If you want to know where it is just call my

house and my mom will give you directions.

And im not sure but I think that game were

playing against Amanda's team.



Blog Ya Later = )


>>> Kalene <<<